Today, Instagram is one of the most talked about social media platforms that are used by billions of people today. Regardless of the age, you’ll find users many every country. This platform lets you upload your pictures, videos and connect with distant people. You can be a social media influencer also with this trendy online platform. Those who do take a break from Instagram always ask to know- How to delete the Instagram account? Do you want to delete your account? Want to know about its steps of deletion? If yes then this blog is just for you.
How to delete your Instagram account?
If you want to delete the account permanently then this can only happen using a browser. But you can do it on both mobile and desktop browsers. Before your profile disappears permanently, Instagram will make your account invisible temporarily for 30 days. Therefore, if you change your mind you can re-login.
Here’s how you can permanently delete your Instagram account. Let’s have a close look at them-
- First of all, go to the “Delete Your Account“ page on your browser
- Ensure that you’re logged in to your account.
- Here, choose a reason for deletion from the given drop-down menu.
- In the final step, tap the “Delete” button to confirm your decision.
How to temporarily deactivate your Instagram account?
Do you take a break from Instagram? For this, you can disable your account rather than delete it. Disabling Instagram means logging you out and hiding your profile. You will have your followers like it. However, you can log in to your Instagram profile any time by simply logging back in. Follow these steps to temporarily deactivate your account:
- First of all, go to “Instagram.com“ from your browser
- After this, you need to log in when prompted to do so.
- Tap on the “profile icon” from the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap “Profile,” then select “Edit Profile.”
- Make sure to scroll down and then tap “Temporarily disable my account” to the right of the “Submit” button.
- Here, you will be asked why you are doing this.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Re-enter your Instagram account password.
- Tap on the “Temporarily Disable Account.”
How to delete your Instagram account forever?
Here is How to delete an instagram account. If you want to delete your Instagram permanently then these steps are perfect for you-
- At first, log in to Instagram using a mobile browser.
- Find out the delete Instagram account Link
- Click on https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/ to get a page called “Delete Your Account”,
- Choose an option to answer the reason why you want to delete your account
- After choosing an answer, tap on the red button that will appear. Make sure to tap on the ”Permanently delete my account”.
- After this, re-enter your password.
- Then click on the red button to permanently delete your account.
In this way, your profile and your information will be deleted. However, your profile and your information will be permanently deleted for 30 days. So, you will still have time to log in again to start the Instagram account. It might take up to 90 days to delete all your content.
Deleting Instagram using the ios or android app?
You can only delete your Instagram account on the mobile browser. You cannot delete it directly using your using the ios or android app.
How to un-delete your instagram account?
Have you changed your mind and want to get your account back on Instagram. If yes then you’ll get 30 days after disabling your account to log in again.
How to temporarily suspend your Instagram account?
You are just needed to look for the “temporarily disable my account” option to proceed with this.
How to delete an Instagram account permanently?
- Look for the “Delete Your Account“ page on your browser
- Here, enter a reason for deletion from the given drop-down menu.
- In the final step, you need to click the “Delete” button to confirm your decision.
Can you recover a permanently deleted Instagram account?
If your Instagram account was deleted by someone with your password, then you cannot restore it. Once you delete your account, you get 30 days to re-login.
How to temporarily deactivate Instagram Account?
Deletion of an Instagram account temporarily includes these steps-
- First of all, log in to instagram.com from a computer.
- Users can't temporarily disable the account from the Instagram app.
- Tap on your profile picture that is present in the top right and click Profile
- Then click “Edit profile”.
- Here scroll down, then click “Temporarily disable my account” in the bottom right.
- Answer-Why are you disabling your account?
- Then, re-enter your password.
- The option to disable the account will only appear to you. Enter your password.
- Click “Temporarily disable” account.
How to download your data on Instagram before deleting the app?
Instagram allows its users to download the data and photos before deletion of the account. follow these to download your data from Instagram-
- Open “Instagram”
- Tap the “profile icon” from the right corner.
- Click on the the Menu icon in the top right corner
- In this step, tap “Settings” at the bottom.
- Choose “Security,” then tap the “Download Data” option.
- You need to mention your “email address”
- Click “Request Download.”
Within 48 hours of this process, Instagram will send an email of your data, personal information, photos and everything. Make sure to download it before you delete it forever. Once the account is deleted, you won’t get access to your data.
What happens to my Instagram photos if I delete my account?
After the account deletion on your Instagram account forever, your profile, photos, videos, and followers will be permanently removed.
Can I use Instagram without an account?
Without signing up, you can't use Instagram like actual users. For using all the features and benefits of Instagram, sign up first.
How to delete your Instagram account on an iPhone?
To delete an Instagram account on an iPhone, you’ll need a mobile browser.
- First, open web browser on your iPhone.
- After this, navigate to http://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent
- In this step, you will have to sign in to your Instagram account using your email, or phone number and password.
- Now, log into Instagram in a web browser.
- After signing in, you will be asked why you are choosing to delete your Instagram account
- Answer it via a drop-down menu.
- Enter your password again.
Once you've done, tap on "Permanently delete my account".